Wednesday 23 April 2014

Evaluation Question 3 Answer

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

After completing research earlier in my project, I think the media institution which would be most likely to publish my magazine would be IPC Media. This is because the only other music magazine they publish that is remotely similar to Haim is NME. 

 I know that NME is different to my magazine as it is targeted to a completely different audience, my target audience is of a much younger age. Even though IPC Media do publish a magazine called TeenNow which is targeted to the same age group as my magazine I know that this will not clash as the readers will appreciate completely different music as TeenNow is targeted to mainly females and is more of a pop genre.

 I think IPC Media would be the best choice of media institutions as it would give them more of a range as they currently do not have an indie rock genre magazine that is aimed at such a young audience. At current times there’s not a large amount of competition for magazines of my genre so I think the institution would profit by quite a bit if they distributed my magazine to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment