Wednesday 23 April 2014

Evaluation Question 5 Answer

How did you attract/address your audience?


I attracted my audience through my front cover. Having two male models who will be found attractive by my target audience enabled me to attract both genders as males will relate to them as well as inspire to be like them and females will be attracted to them, drawing them to want to read further into their story. Their outfits represent the genre of music I have chosen to represent, the dark colours of black being typically associated with rock bands as well as the image of a bomb representing danger and rebellion which is also another stereotype of rock. When I took my photos I decided to get my models to pose quite neutrally, their positions give the impression that they’re not actually models, the closeness of the two show that they are actually in a band. They are facing the camera with almost blank expressions on their faces, one with their eyebrows slightly raised and the other with their mouth slightly open so some of his teeth are visible. This gives them a rather nonchalant expression, as if they don’t have to work too hard to make themselves look good in front of a camera. This slightly appeals to Marjorie Ferguson’s theory of the most common facial expression to be featured on a magazine however goes against the typical convention of a female model on the cover. The age of my models also fits in with my magazine as they fit the stereotypical image of a teenage band.

I also attracted my audience by my colour scheme as they fit the conventional colours which are associated with indie and rock music. The typical colours are usually red, white and black but I decided to add grey to my magazine to make it stand out more as white looked too plain. I have created a house style throughout my project by linking the colours with the genre of music as well as the readers interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment